Search the BookBuzz reviews database for a list of topics that has been developed
based on popular requests by teachers.
You may place holds on these items and check them out based on availability.
your local branch library
Complete the online email form
If you know a subject but are unsure of specific titles, librarians
at any branch can put together a set of books for you to check
are happy to pull teacher sets for Head Start and preschool
programs, teachers or student teachers. This is not a service
we offer to children's literature students.
Early Literacy Presentations & Workshops at Your Location
Specially-trained staff from the Denver Public Library can provide workshops for parents, caregivers and educators on how to incorporate fun literacy practices into everyday life. We will come to any Denver location at a time convenient to your community and organization. Workshop available in Spanish and/or English.
The recommended introductory presentation is
Every Child Ready to Read which stresses the important role of parents as their child's first teacher and provides an overview of the five everyday practices as well as library resources and programs for families.
We also offer in-depth workshops on each practice that develop skills children need to succeed in school.
For more information or to schedule a workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Early Literacy Department at 720-865-1305.
Reading Rockets & Colorín Colorado
- ¡Colorín Colorado! A free web-based service that provides outstanding information, activities and advice for educators and Spanish-speaking families of English language learners (ELLs).
- Reading Rockets A wealth of reading strategies, lessons, and activities designed to assist teachers, and other educators in helping struggling readers build fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills.
More Library Resources and Services
- Research Pathfinder Request for Teachers
Research pathfinders for teachers include resources available at the Denver Public Library (books, DVDs, databases), Internet resources, primary sources and search tips. See examples of guides we've created for other teachers.
- Ebsco Kids Search for Teachers
Academic Search Premier, ERIC and more.
Resources for students, parents, and teachers to support academic achievement.
- Homework Help
Sites that will help kids, parents and teachers with
Lesson plans, support groups, standards and more.
- Additional Support for Educators
Library resources and links to lesson plans, articles, activities, other educational materials and support for Colorado educators.
- Early Literacy & Learning
Pre-reading skills for children ages birth through five.
- Read Aloud Program
Volunteers read to educationally at-risk, low-income children attending Head Start, Early Childhood Education centers and other agency programs.
- Kids' Book Reviews by DPL Librarians
- Library Services and Tours
Services for parents and teachers at the Central Library including tours, Community Technology Center, reader's advisory, homework help and research.
- Storytime Search
Denver Art Museum: Creativity Resource for Teachers
- The Creativity Resource for Teachers from the Denver Art Museum has tons of fresh ideas and wonderful resources to inspire teachers and students, written by visual arts, language arts, and social studies teachers. You'll find links to lesson plans, a gallery of art images for you to use, and more.