Día del niño / Día de los libros, is a celebration that recognizes and celebrates the importance of children in our society. This celebration originated in Mexico and dates back nearly 100 years. It is celebrated each year on April 30th, but we want to celebrate children all month long! Join us in celebrating Da with books, resources, and events.
- Children's Books to Celebrate Dia del niño - Learn about the power of cultural heritage and instill a love of reading with these books.
- MakeMake - Explore hundreds of Spanish language ebooks, including read-along books with audio and picture books.
- In honor of Día del niño, several museums in the Golden Triangle are offering free admission on April 25th, including the Denver Art Museum, History Colorado Center, and Clyfford Still Museum.
- Mexican Cultural Center - Discover other local Día events and learn about this local organization that aims to promote and maintain the richness of Mexican culture in Colorado.
- Cultural Inclusivity - Learn about the library's efforts to create equitable opportunities for learning, discovery, and connection.
- Monday, April 19, 4 p.m. Make Your Own Piñata/¡Haz una piñata! - Learn how to make your own cardboard piñata!
- Saturday, April 24, 2 p.m. Día del Nino Fiesta / Fiesta del Día del Niño - Join us for our own Día del Niño fiesta with Shadow Puppets Storytime, a pinata bashing party, and a dance performance!