Writing takes lots of practice. It starts with scribbling and making marks and then eventually becomes drawing and writing letters. Give your child a variety of ways to help them develop those fine motor skills they'll need to be able to hold a pencil and draw letters. Here are some fun activities you can do at home or on the go:
- Paint with water. (Use a paint brush with water on some construction paper)
- Carry around a notebook and some crayons.
- Sculpt and make shapes with pipe cleaners.
- Stack, sort and build with rainbow popsicle sticks.
- Draw in shaving cream. (Put some shaving cream on a baking sheet and draw shapes and scribbles).
- Sculpt with playdough or salt dough.